Help CD32 problems

Started by dougtitchmarsh, March 25, 2013, 11:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougtitchmarsh

Hope someone can give a pointer or two for this. My CD32 works fine for a while, and no problems with Pinball Illusions etc. But if I try and play Zool it will play for a few minutes and then stop spinning the cd and go to a black screen.
Any ideas anyone?
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Greyfox

maybe needs a lens clean, or the Zool disk has dodgy burn crease in it's actually disc, could be the cause of the corruption, and not a piracy question, but if you have the Original, maybe do a CD to CD copy of the disc, but make sure you burn at the lowest speeds, to ensure a deep burn..a standard CD ISO copy should do the trick.

hope this helps :)

dougtitchmarsh

A good suggestion, but it happens at different parts of playing although it could be a dodgy disc still I guess. Maybe as it's changing tracks. I'll have to see if it does it with other discs too.
Thanks Greyfox
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

TL

Yeah sounds like a scratched disc

You could always take it to Game or HMV and have it buffed up, they charge about £1 I think. I am going to get a load of my Saturn games done.

Carlos

Just use Brasso or Mer.

Have rescued many PS2 and wii games like that.

dougtitchmarsh

Well the CD32 works fine on Zool2 and others I have tried, so it must be a disc issue. Thanks for the replies you retro gaming gods  :77: