Author Topic: My Official Playstation Magazines  (Read 693 times)

guest4732

My Official Playstation Magazines
« on: April 01, 2013, 20:46:06 PM »
Mentioned in another thread I would try get some pics of my OPM collection and I finally got round to getting them out of the attic and taking some pics.

I seem to be missing a box as I dont remember missing any issues from when I started to read it until I stopped but this is Issues 23, 26, 34-36, 38-63, 67-70, 72-90 plus 2 specials so thats about half of the full 107 magazines they released.

Im going to try and make it a full set so if anyone has any that they would like to get rid of (especially issue 1-22 and 91-107 as I didnt buy the magazine at that time) Ill be happy to take them.

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
Re: My Official Playstation Magazines
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I enjoy magazines for what they are a time to a past history when the games were new and the input was fresh.

Very Impressive!!!!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:41:13 AM »
Nice work fella, I used to collect a few mags but it became a nightmare to store them. Will look if I have any of the ones your missing mate.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline nakamura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
Nice! I have been after a few of these myself but to little joy. I did get issue two recently though, the issue I love most.

Lovely lot pal. I hope you enjoy the memories. :)

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Nice work fella, I used to collect a few mags but it became a nightmare to store them. Will look if I have any of the ones your missing mate.

Exactly what i found.

As it is i have pretty much complete collections of Edge+Retro Gamer, Gamestm up to about 18 months ago (not got all the special bookzine issues of these though), complete DC-UK and Official DC mag, 95% of Maximum mags, lot of Zzap 64's, Mean Machines, Saturn magazines, misc issues of The One, around 75% of The Games Machine and loads of odds n sods. (Your Sinclair, Sinclair User, Commodore Format, Frontiers, Off. PS3 magazine, Off Xbox magazine, Offical 360 magazine, Sci-Fi now etc etc)

Every time i've moved house/flat i've had a clear out in order to reduce the stacks of magazines, so far the following gone to recycling over the years:

Ultimate Future Games, Games-X, misc: C+VG, Playstation Plus, Play Nation, M.A.G, Mega, C.C.I, C.U, SFX, Empire, Fortean Times, Dreamwatch etc etc.-Did at the time look at Ebaying them, but the mags just sold for pennies and Postage was a nightmare, folks kept asking if i'd split collections etc, just did'nt have the time to sort it all.

Kept the various articles etc i wanted, rest? recycled.

The publishing industry had a good few pennies from myself over the years, lol.

Collect graphic novels as well and again, running out of space

guest4732

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 14:03:24 PM »
Yep.Another Special reserve member here.they, along with Silica Shop are the 2 mail order firms i still miss to this day.

guest4732

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 14:18:20 PM »
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Yep.Another Special reserve member here.they, along with Silica Shop are the 2 mail order firms i still miss to this day.

I dont remember Silica Shop but I was a Special Reserve member for years. I dont remember buying many games from them I just kept getting the free gifts they gave away :)