My Official Playstation Magazines

Started by guest4732, April 01, 2013, 20:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4732

Mentioned in another thread I would try get some pics of my OPM collection and I finally got round to getting them out of the attic and taking some pics.

I seem to be missing a box as I dont remember missing any issues from when I started to read it until I stopped but this is Issues 23, 26, 34-36, 38-63, 67-70, 72-90 plus 2 specials so thats about half of the full 107 magazines they released.

Im going to try and make it a full set so if anyone has any that they would like to get rid of (especially issue 1-22 and 91-107 as I didnt buy the magazine at that time) Ill be happy to take them.

onthinice

Thanks for sharing! I enjoy magazines for what they are a time to a past history when the games were new and the input was fresh.

Very Impressive!!!!

zapiy

Nice work fella, I used to collect a few mags but it became a nightmare to store them. Will look if I have any of the ones your missing mate.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

nakamura

Nice! I have been after a few of these myself but to little joy. I did get issue two recently though, the issue I love most.

Lovely lot pal. I hope you enjoy the memories. :)

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "zapiy"Nice work fella, I used to collect a few mags but it became a nightmare to store them. Will look if I have any of the ones your missing mate.

Exactly what i found.

As it is i have pretty much complete collections of Edge+Retro Gamer, Gamestm up to about 18 months ago (not got all the special bookzine issues of these though), complete DC-UK and Official DC mag, 95% of Maximum mags, lot of Zzap 64's, Mean Machines, Saturn magazines, misc issues of The One, around 75% of The Games Machine and loads of odds n sods. (Your Sinclair, Sinclair User, Commodore Format, Frontiers, Off. PS3 magazine, Off Xbox magazine, Offical 360 magazine, Sci-Fi now etc etc)

Every time i've moved house/flat i've had a clear out in order to reduce the stacks of magazines, so far the following gone to recycling over the years:

Ultimate Future Games, Games-X, misc: C+VG, Playstation Plus, Play Nation, M.A.G, Mega, C.C.I, C.U, SFX, Empire, Fortean Times, Dreamwatch etc etc.-Did at the time look at Ebaying them, but the mags just sold for pennies and Postage was a nightmare, folks kept asking if i'd split collections etc, just did'nt have the time to sort it all.

Kept the various articles etc i wanted, rest? recycled.

The publishing industry had a good few pennies from myself over the years, lol.

Collect graphic novels as well and again, running out of space

guest4732

Quote from: "zapiy"Nice work fella, I used to collect a few mags but it became a nightmare to store them. Will look if I have any of the ones your missing mate.

Cheers mate.

TBH If it was up to me I would have probably thrown them out a few years ago when I started to go though all my stuff. Just went up in the attic by chance and noticed my dad had stored them all in boxes.

Was reading through them last night and some of the older mags are great, the parrapa the rapper issue has the full rap from the first level in the review!

Also I saw adverts for Special Reserve in there, was anyone else a member? They sent you out a magazine every month with dscount games and hardware if you paid £6 a year, think you got a free gift aswell.

Rogue Trooper

Yep.Another Special reserve member here.they, along with Silica Shop are the 2 mail order firms i still miss to this day.

guest4732

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Yep.Another Special reserve member here.they, along with Silica Shop are the 2 mail order firms i still miss to this day.

I dont remember Silica Shop but I was a Special Reserve member for years. I dont remember buying many games from them I just kept getting the free gifts they gave away :)