Pyramid Plunder, New PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 game.

Started by zapiy, March 15, 2013, 18:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Pyramid Plunder, our latest PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 game! 

Play as Lootin' Larry, on your adventure through the Pyramids of Egypt!  Grab all the treasure you can possibly fit in your Jeep!... just watch out for all the creatures that lurk inside!  They don't like their treasure being plundered...

http://www.aetherbyte.com/pce_pyramid.html

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I posted about this in another thread before: http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/http:/ ... 995#p13995

Looks just like my kinda game, wish I had a CD-ROM2  :'(

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Looks like a fun game. Just took a look around their website and I see they are releasing a homebrew Turbografx game sometime this year on Hu card!
It says the game features all original artwork by Paul Weller (Sunteam)... am I correct to assume that that's fellow member sunteam_paul? 
Definitely be watching for this!

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Looks like a fun game. Just took a look around their website and I see they are releasing a homebrew Turbografx game sometime this year on Hu card!
It says the game features all original artwork by Paul Weller (Sunteam)... am I correct to assume that that's fellow member sunteam_paul? 
Definitely be watching for this!

Yes that is Sunteam Paul here, although he doesn't post much sadly.

They are doing Hu-Card versions?  :13:

Shadowrunner

sunteam_paul

Hey all

Pyramid Plunder was a game Aetherbyte started before I really got into doing PC Engine artwork. The in-game graphics and title screen was already done before I jumped on board.

What I did produce for the game was very hard work but rewarding - I did a set of full screen pictures that appear at the end of each set of levels, as well as art for the end sequence. I also designed the packaging and CD art. The cover illustration was pencilled by Acadia Rose, then lined, coloured and painted by myself afterwards.

Here's how the cover art developed:

Interesting fact - I never actually played the game until my finished copy arrived! I could have played the released demo but chose to wait. It's a pac-man clone with bells on. The maps are all large and scrolling (with a radar) and there are several power-ups. Also a 'dash' button which alleviates tedious backtracking and allows you to run away from monsters. I've having fun with it at the moment, got to the third level where things start to speed up a little  :13:

Here are some pics of my copy:

Arkhan (the programmer and head of Aetherbyte) is back fiddling with Atlantean at the moment which will be the first ever homebrew HuCARD. That was my first full PCE project where I handled all the art and was a great learning experience. That should be out this year, after which we carry on working on our versions of Jungle Hunt, Joust and an arcade adventure for the PCE (among other things).

TL

onthinice

Here is wishing I had a Super CD-Rom2. Even wishing I had the regular Turbo CD.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Here is wishing I had a Super CD-Rom2. Even wishing I had the regular Turbo CD.

The Turbo Duo/Turbo CD is a Super CD-ROM2

zapiy

Cheers for the update fella..

Very interesting to see how the art develops.

Will the Hucard game work on a Turbografx?

onthinice

Wow! Must have been thinking of the very last NEC CD system. Was it the Super FX?

sunteam_paul

Quote from: "zapiy"Cheers for the update fella..

Very interesting to see how the art develops.

Will the Hucard game work on a Turbografx?

I think there will be a choice between an US and a Japanese card, it's only a couple of data bits that make the difference but I don't think there's a way of making it a universal rom.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Wow! Must have been thinking of the very last NEC CD system. Was it the Super FX?

Yeah the Super Grafx was Jap only.

TL