Author Topic: iOS/Android New Releases  (Read 19762 times)

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
Re: iOS/Android New Releases
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »
Yeah i love Dot Emu.  They've also done Little Big Adventure which i've seen before online and in magazines but never played. Bought that quickly and most of their games.

Have a lot of them on MAME on my phone but i want to support the devs specially DotEmu so i've bought nearly all their games. Looking forward to their future games, one of the best iOS developers

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2016, 00:58:45 AM »

Nintendo will be releasing a new game on both iOS and Android:  Super Mario Run!  The game was announced today on the Apple event.   It will be released for iOS first and will then come to Android "at some point" according to a Nintendo spokesperson. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:30 AM »
Super Mario Run is going to make Nintendo a lot of money!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »
That would not be a surprise.  :)

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »
I love gaming on iOS, have 500+ games installed currently and buy loads. This game doesnt blow me away as i'm not keen on runner games (prefer left/right controls) but it does look good and it appears its free and one price to unlock (bit like shareware) so thats great. I hope it does make Nintendo a lot of money so they release more and more games like this (not like that crappy Minimoto one)

This will sell by the bucketload. Frustrating thing is theres some great runner games already (Rayman) but a lot of casual users probably wont get that, due to Marios name on this they will though

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2016, 16:48:58 PM »
A nice retro style platformer came out the other week - Vulture Island

Well worth picking up, controls well, quite tricky puzzles as well but a great retro looking platformer. They're the same people who released Traps n Gemstones (another iOS classic platformer) which is again well worth checking out

Another retro style platformer which just cameout is Tons of Bullets. Blocky retro style graphics but so far a really nice platformer with a fair few levels. Bargain for a quid or two

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2016, 16:50:44 PM »
Also dont know if i've mentioned this before or not. For $10 a year you can sign up to the apps at builds.io

Been with them a few years now. I used to be jailbroken but i'm not anymore (new phone so new updated iOS) and builds.io works fine on that. I think they're basically using a 'developer' license to distribute the apps.

Got both gameboy apps working fine, Nintendo DS works well on my iphone 6, NES/SNES and many others - N64 etc. Well worth signing up to. Great to have these emulators on my non-jailbroken phone

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2016, 13:46:25 PM »

Here's a new game for those of us who are fans of the arcade game Galaga:  Galaga Wars!  The game is available on both Android and iOS and it is receiving positive feedback as a worthy update of the classic. 

A galaxy on the brink of destruction. Infinite waves of alien enemies. One heroic ship.
You know what to do. Fire up the engines, power up the laser chambers as the iconic space-faring
shooter returns for its 35th Anniversary in a shower of laser blasts, breathless barrel-rolls and smoking missiles.
The survival of the universe is once more at stake. They have an alien motherfeet of immense proportions, endless waves of ships bristling with high-tech weaponry and of course the sheer power of the boss Galaga...

You have your finger – a device capable of channelling years of arcade skill,honed sci-fi ability and steely determination into a single, ultimate weapon...

Features:
● The authentic retro, sci-fi experience returns for Galaga's 35th Anniversary
● Weave through endless waves of original enemies, including the Bee, Butterfly, Scorpion and a many more.
● Evade the treacherous tractor beam of Mother Galaga in battle against the huge alien boss!
● Play as Galaga fighter, as well as other legendary Namco starshipsincluding Xevious, Galaxian, Star Blade and many more.
● Double your firepower by rescuing captured friends ships and merging into twin mode
● Enhance your space-faring abilities by upgrading and levelling up your craft.
● Blast through alien waves with 4 unique abilities per ship including laser, explosive shot, space mines, ghost shield and more.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2017, 00:05:07 AM »
Just wanted to share this:  Super Mario Run for Android will launch in March.  So, if you have an Android device and were waiting for this game, the wait is almost over. 

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »
I'm torn on Mario Run. I'm glad Marios on iOS and i dont mind the hefty price tag (i think more games should be priced higher) but to make it so you have to have an internet connection (to 'stop' piracy) is frustrating at times. But either way i'm glad its not a freemium game

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2017, 14:22:20 PM »
Tons of great games recently. Just dont have the time to play them all !

Soul Knight - Free dual stick shooter, really good
Hidden Folks - A bit like 'wheres wally', great to look at, something nice and different
Yuri - Nice platformer
Lit the Torch - A nice single screen puzzle platformer.
Slayaway Camp - Free, a great puzzle game with nice retro blocky graphics
OK Golf - A great simple golf game for casual players
Glitchskier - A retro style bullet hell game
Warlocks Tower - A great gameboy looking puzzle type of game
Felis: Save all the cats! - Another nice platformer, needs an update though for the controls which are small

and saving the best till last...

Z-Exemplar - A brilliant Speccy style shooter. Its great !!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2017, 16:45:38 PM »
Golden Axe is the latest title to release under the Sega Forever heading.  Get in on Google Play.