Shadowrunner

onthinice

Your welcome! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the 7800 :113:

onthinice

TL

Great to see those thanks!  :41:

onthinice

TrekMD

Karateka for the 7800...a game in dire need of hacking!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Karateka for the 7800...a game in dire need of hacking!

Now that I have this game I have to try it and see if it's really as bad as you guys say it is.

TL

It is! Run away now! Karateka might look good in screenshots or even video but it just controls terribly. Don't believe me? See what Classic Game Room said about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZQb7IQ5vb8

The 7800 game you need in your life is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTLnTDA8KU

TrekMD

Karateka's problem is not in the looks department but with the controls.  That's why I said that it just needs to be hacked to have that addressed.  The lag kills it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

So I noticed on the side of my 7800 there's a big square hole where you can see right inside the console. I wondered what it was so after a little digging I found out on early models there was a expansion port there but when Jack came along he got rid of it to cut costs. I try to keep my consoles as dust free as possible but I have to imagine a lot of stuff can get inside a hole that big. Just wondering if there's supposed to be a cover there or is that the way they came? If there wasn't a cover what do you guys do? Guess a piece of tape would work if nothing else.

TL

Yep, uses the same case design. Don't have it on PAL models though.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"Yep, uses the same case design. Don't have it on PAL models though.

Okay so tape it is  :21:

onthinice

I have one of the later 7800 releases. Sorry I could not help you, Shadowrunner.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "onthinice"I have one of the later 7800 releases. Sorry I could not help you, Shadowrunner.

Don't worry about it, thanks anyway  :)