Favourite turn based games?

Started by Katzkatz, January 27, 2013, 13:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katzkatz

Does anyone have any favourite turn based games?  Mine are :-

Civilization - building your empire on a large scale.

X-Com UFO Defense - The battle sections are like a game of chess with you versus the aliens.

Historyline : 1914-1918 - A superb hexagon tile based game.

Battle Isle - The forerunner to 'Historyline : 1914-1918' but without the historical setting.  This time you had futuristic craft. 

Vyothric

Generally I can't stand turn-based games.

I did like Battle Isle 93 at the time though. I still like Rogue as well.

Rogue Trooper

Love 'em.

Laser Squad and Lords Of Chaos on C64 (later the ST), Xcom+Terror From The Deep on PS1.

Warhammer on PSP. Rebelstar on GBA, Rebelstar+Chaos on Speccy.

Xcom on PS3/360 along with Civ:Rev on PS3/360.

Only 1 i could never get into was Advance wars on GBA for some reason.

TL

Viking Raiders on the Spectrum, one of my favourite games ever on the Speccy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eoAK-GgW5A

surfted

Greyfox

For one I'm not a fan of turn based games, but one that sticks out to be the best for me and one I have the remake on my iPad has to be the Classic and brilliant North and South from Infogrames when they where good software designers and game creators , mixture of arcade, comedy and strategic gameplay, and was especially great on the wonderful Atari ST, and this game will be forever in my living memory, till I head on to the beyond :)

Mire Mare

Lords of Midnight is a huge favourite.  It's been given a new lease of life on my iPad and getting a lot of my game time.

Laser Squad on the c64 was a great game.  No idea what it plays like nowadays though.

Can't beat a bit of Advance Wars and particularly on the DS.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Bobinator

Probably Worms, for me. Great series. If I had to pick a favorite version, it'd probably be Armageddon. For now, though, I make due with Reloaded, since it has fancy Steamworks support. Makes it easier to get games going with people, which is nice. Too bad that it's all we're ever going to see from Team 17 ever again. Actually, how did that Alien Breed reboot sell?

I briefly thought about choosing Civilization, then I remembered that I'm really bad at Civilization. Friggin' Gandhi, man.

TL

Quote from: "Bobinator"Probably Worms, for me. Great series. Too bad that it's all we're ever going to see from Team 17 ever again. Actually, how did that Alien Breed reboot sell?

Oh yeah, great shout. The original version of Worms is one of my favourite games ever!

onthinice

Risk on the C64. Colonization on old 486 dos computer. Axis & Allies on the CD-i and later PC. Civilization IV: Colonization for Windows

Vyothric

Worms hadn't occured to me either.

It's a clear first.

Rogue Trooper

My head must be muddled.

North And South mates and i used to love on ST.

Then there was Conflict Europe (and of course T.Europe on C64).

Dabbled with Global Domination on PS1.

1st turn based game i ever played, Eastern Front on Atari 800XL.Think it came with the computer.

onthinice

I forgot Eastern Front. Never owned a copy. Still managed to play the game lots. Crusade in Europe was another title.

Console Compulsive

Hogs of War! An absolutely mental game with the legendary Rick Mayall doing all the voices.