The ColecoVision Thread

Started by TrekMD, January 25, 2013, 20:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I remember Zaxxon being on the computers and systems of the time. Checking the video again, it did not seem to make a splash on the later generation gaming systems. 32X is it until the compilation discs were released.

It'll be interesting to see how the new version of Zaxxon being developed for the SGM will be like compared to the original.  If it is anything like Donkey Kong Arcade, I think it'll blow it out of the water.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I used to love playing Ladybug on the ColecoVision, great game  :1:

TrekMD

The only CV game I've ever played is Donkey Kong.  That was when I was in college and one of the guys on the dorm had a CV.  I had my 7800 to show off.  :) 

TrekMD

Classic Game Room always does nice reviews.  I much rather watch his stuff than the AVGN.

BTW, you had an DK Intellivision video review there instead of a CV, so I changed it.  :)

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Classic Game Room always does nice reviews.  I much rather watch his stuff than the AVGN.

BTW, you had an DK Intellivision video review there instead of a CV, so I changed it.  :-[

No idea how I did that!  :o

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Classic Game Room always does nice reviews.  I much rather watch his stuff than the AVGN.

BTW, you had an DK Intellivision video review there instead of a CV, so I changed it.  :-[

No idea how I did that!  ;)

TrekMD

Now that the CV has the Super Game Module (something akin to the XM for the 7800), there are going to be a bunch of Super Games released for it.  This thing really upgrades the capabilities of the system.  Here are some sample games:

[align=center:26mvx89l]Donkey Kong Arcade

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong Jr

Pengo
[/align:26mvx89l]

Looks like fans of the ColecoVision are in for several treats.  :)

TL

Wow! Those games look utterly superb!  :13:

TrekMD

Yes they do.  My understanding is that for some of these, like Donkey Kong, the actual arcade code is being reviewed to match the game to the arcade as much as possible.  Between the XM and the SGM retro gamers are going to be getting some truly fantastic games.  It'll be interesting to compare what both systems get!

TrekMD

zapiy

Some truly stunning box art amongst that lot. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, it is rather interesting to see how many different box styles the CV had!  Here I only thought the 2600 was the one with a multitude of box styles! 

zapiy

Continues now with some of the homebrew boxes.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Since we mentioned the Super Game Module, I figured it would be good to see a review of the add on.  So, here is Gamester81's review of the ColecoVision SGM!

[align=center:2l71c5ag]Rare Super Game Module review-for the ColecoVision-Gamester81[/align:2l71c5ag]