Let's Compare Klax

Started by TrekMD, January 11, 2013, 15:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I believe this game still holds the record for the most official arcade conversions!  8)

TrekMD

I love the Lynx version. It is quite an impressive port.  :) 

onthinice

Always liked the TG-16 box design. Only have it for the Nes. Maybe one day I will track down some of the other versions.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Always liked the TG-16 box design. Only have it for the Nes. Maybe one day I will track down some of the other versions.

The Lynx version is essential!

onthinice

Thanks Laird! I have been playing a lot of Ms. Pac-Man and Pacland on the Lynx. Definitely need to add some more titles. Klax sounds like a good start.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Thanks Laird! I have been playing a lot of Ms. Pac-Man and Pacland on the Lynx. Definitely need to add some more titles. Klax sounds like a good start.

Klax would be an excellent start!  It really is an amazing game on the Lynx.  :)

onthinice

Thanks TrekMD! Do not want to sound redundant, but the Lynx has really made a good impression on me.

I am sure there were valid reasons why it didn't become a bigger hit in North America. I just never knew anyone who even owned one new. I remember an episode of the show Full House. Some rich relatives came to visit. Their kids pulled out Lynx systems. First time I saw the new Atari handheld besides magazines and if I remember correctly the sounds effects were not even from the Lynx.

TrekMD

The Lynx was ahead of its time when it was released.  Its price probably didn't help it when having to compete with the cheaper GameBoy and the Nintendo name.  I got one when they came out and that is the Lynx that I still use today.  :)  Love it!  I should add that I did not get another handheld system until I saw the PSP. 

onthinice

I can understand now. First one I bought was the GameBoy Color then the Sega GameGear and the Lynx was last of the retro handhelds for me. That was with in the last ten years.

The DS is nice, but I am discovering a lot of video game life is left in the PSP.

onthinice

Tengen it's not just Atari trying to hide their name. They also make a quality game. :)

Rogue Trooper

Lynx version won in GAMEStm's Clash Of The Titans feature.

They said it delivered an exp.that was far superior to it's rivals and that they were prepared to go out on a limb and say it was the best conversion of Klax on any system, handheld or otherwise, a steriling achivement.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Lynx version won in GAMEStm's Clash Of The Titans feature.

They said it delivered an exp.that was far superior to it's rivals and that they were prepared to go out on a limb and say it was the best conversion of Klax on any system, handheld or otherwise, a steriling achivement.

They were actually right for once!!!

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Lynx version won in GAMEStm's Clash Of The Titans feature.

They were actually right for once!!!

They were spot on with C64 Xybots and Final Fight+Street Fighter 2 being utter gash as well.

zapiy

Klax is a game I will always hold a special place for and only on the Lynx for me.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC