Let's Compare Street Fighter

Started by TrekMD, January 02, 2013, 22:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

The original Street Fighter is such a crap game!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"The original Street Fighter is such a crap game!

LOL

108 Stars

Quote from: "The Laird"The original Street Fighter is such a crap game!

Yeah, kind of pointless to compare a game that is crap to begin with. The best thing about it is that ports couldn't really get much worse.^^
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

onthinice

I never wondered about the first Street Fighter. Street Fighter II was fine and never made me question what came before. 

Like the movie Leonard Part 6 was the only movie made in the series. Always thought they just started at Street Fighter II.

Now knowing the horrible truth, I want to talk to management! :P

TrekMD

Here's something I found on YouTube to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter.  I present to you, I Am Street Fighter - 25th Anniversary Documentary.

[align=center:39aaer6i]I Am Street Fighter - 25th Anniversary Documentary[/align:39aaer6i]

Crusto

Special mention needs to go to the C64 version here, it even manages to make the CPC version look good! Disgusting! Obviously the PCE version is a hands down winner here, even if the graphics look a bit stretched in the video. I'm pretty certain that isn't correct.

What a terrible game.
Bitches leave

Alberto 2K

I remember playing this game on arcade when I was 10/11 in my grandpa's village, controls were really bad but it was cool back then.

I really wanted to have it on the Spectrum but never could, the cover ilustration is still awesome!

BTW, the same team released years later Fatal Fury on the Neo Geo.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

AmigaJay

Why anyone would want to play this game is beyond me!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Quote from: "AmigaJay"Why anyone would want to play this game is beyond me!

There's a Spanish saying that goes:  Para los gustos, los colores.  It could be translated as: For every color, there's a taste.  ;)

AmigaJay

Quote from: "TrekMD"

There's a Spanish saying that goes:  Para los gustos, los colores.  It could be translated as: For every color, there's a taste.  ;)
You can't eat colour! Well unless you like sucking on a crayon!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Quote from: "AmigaJay"

There's a Spanish saying that goes:  Para los gustos, los colores.  It could be translated as: For every color, there's a taste.  :40:

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "AmigaJay"

There's a Spanish saying that goes:  Para los gustos, los colores.  It could be translated as: For every color, there's a taste.  :40:
;)

TL

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I don't think no one wants to play it today but back then was the first 1 vs 1 arcade game, everybody loved it despite its controls and it 's the basis of the genre, call it videogame culture. ;)

Far from the first! That honour goes to Karate Champ - released in 1984 by Data East:

Karate Champ (1984 Data East)

Alberto 2K

I expressed myself bad, I was trying to say it was the first game which really marked the way the future fighting games took, the first one which added specials like the hadoken.

Karate Champ was just karate, is a simulator but even if it's included it's not the very first fighting game, that was Heavyweight Champ in 1976 by Sega, a 1 vs one boxing game. ;)