Hi fellow retro gaming people!

Started by AmigaJay, February 18, 2012, 20:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaJay

Hi guys, just a little intro about myself, grand old age of 35 now, been gaming since i was 3, so 1980 odd, and have owned pretty owned much all the main, and quite a few obscure machines in my 30 years of gaming.

You may have seen me on other retro sites as 'AmigaJay' but i also use the name 'LemmingsPorts' for which i use on my Twitter and my blog Lemmings Ports ---> http://everylemming.blogspot.com/

I also run the website Gizmondo Central ---> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justincastle/index.html the bizarre but well known for different reasons handheld from 2005, and a few months ago i published a book about the machine, which can be read about from the link above.

I have also made other numourous sites gaming sites over the last 15 years, though most don't remain now, they included NGPCUK from where neo-geo.com got help with their masterlists after it closed, and LynxUK which ran for 3 years but strangely got hacked into and deleted the week before the Lynx section of AtariAge opened oooh! ;)

Anyway enough blated linking going on! hope to chat to you guys soon.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Hello, thanks for joining us.. I have visited your sites many times so its good to see you on here.

Been after a Gizmondo for a while, just waiting for the right price.

Look forward to chatting more.. We have a chat box above the forums on the forum tab.

Cheers

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Really good to see you here! I love your Lemmings site and have always really enjoyed your contributions to the forum over at Retro Gamer!  8)

DEADDOLL666

nakamura

AmigaJay

Didn't want to start a new thread to post this, so dug up my old introductions thread, hello 5 year younger me!

Anyway wanted to post this here as it's 20 years since I first started HTML coding, not that you have to learn that anymore, but yeah 1997 was my first webpage, so I decided to make a page about what other pages I made inbetween, do you remember or use any of them?

https://jaysretro.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_10.html
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Fantastic stuff pal, real shame we never got to know each other years ago, I'm certain we could have knocked an amazing retro site up together..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Great history. My first real experience with the internet wasn't until 1999 when the Dreamcast launched.

AmigaJay

Cheers guys, its a bit messy overview, but yeah i did actually forget about 1 or 2 of them i made in my old age lol some good memories though.

Zapiy - you still have a amazing retro site right here!

zapiy

When building websites was fun pal, i have to admit social media has killed it all a little..

TrekMD

Sadly, I have to agree.  People find it much easier to post stuff in Facejunk rather than in forums. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

Yeah a little i guess, i still prefer not to use social media as a base.

Btw i didn't like my homepage images i made last week, so have updated them, alot better i think, added another page too.