Another World - New Atari Jaguar Homebrew

Started by TL, December 18, 2012, 13:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:36exvtrk][font=andale mono:36exvtrk][size=360]Another World[/size][/font:36exvtrk]

[size=240]By The Removers[/size]

[size=140]The Atari Jaguar version of this classic arcade adventure, originally by Delphine, is now available to pre-order!

First seen on the ST & Amiga this game was also known as Out Of This World in North America and saw conversion to many 16 and 32-bit systems of the time. The Jaguar version was announced but never released and now we can finally play it thanks to French programmers The Removers with the full blessing of the game's creator Eric Chahi. It is available on cartridge with a professional box and instructions.[/size]

[size=180]Pre-Order Here![/size]

[size=140]A video of the game (in French)[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxETdMnhreY[/align:36exvtrk]

Shadowrunner

I hate to complain but there's just too many new games coming out lately! I can't keep up lol. From what I've read this is a port of the anniversary edition from a few years ago which has enhanced graphics. I have the original on my 3DO but never tried this version so I guess I will have to look at getting this now.

TL

I can't afford this right now and am not massively bothered as its not an original game and I was never a big fan of it in the first place, I have the ST version. I would still like to get it at some point though just to add to my collection.

I have to say though that box is terrible, I think my 5 year old nephew could have done a better job!

TrekMD

This is awesome!  Heading over to preorder right now.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DreamcastRIP

Nice to see this finally being released soon.

Quote from: "The Laird"I have to say though that box is terrible

+1
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

I think they said the box design isn't final...which would be great since I do agree the current box design sucks.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

108 Stars

A very special release imo; this gives the Jaguar the best console version of the game, as the port is based on the Anniversary edition that was first released on PC just a few years ago.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

Shadowrunner

I pre ordered this yesterday and just got confirmation from them. I am number 129 so it looks like they are getting lots of interest. Good to see  :)

TrekMD

An update was sent out on email today:

Hi everyone,

The RGC Association is proud to announce that the pre order was successful we reached 200 orders.

We are planning to start shipping in spring 2013. However as we are working with lots of different suppliers (Cartridge, PCB, box ...) we cannot guaranty the exact release date yet. We are counting on your support and understanding.

All of you will be contacted before shipping in order to confirm your postal address and the what of shipping (envelope or parcel)
We remind you that during the ordering process we mentioned free shipping in envelope (bubblewrap). However in this case there is neither guaranty nor follow-up.

NB: If you choose this shipping option, the Retro-gaming Connexion will not be responsible if your copy of game arrives damaged or is lost by the post.

For shipping with guaranty and more secure (shipping box) you will have to pay an extra fee depending on your location:
- France 8 €
- Europe 14 €
- Rest of the world: 16 €

The post may change its rates without any notice. The extra fee will be confirmed by e-mail before shipping your copy. You may already order secure shipping, some of you already did.
Should you have further inquiry do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or directly on our forum. Unfortunally we cannot check every existing forum.

Many thanks for your trust.

Morgan LE GULUDEC (Odie_one)

zapiy

Great news for those that are buying a copy. 8)

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

It's good to hear they are going ahead with this however the extra cost for shipping in a box with tracking takes this up to about $105.00! You would think with 200 copies plus that they could get a better deal on the parts needed to make these and the cost would go down. I already pre ordered so I guess I'll pay the extra to ensure it arrives safely but still not real happy about it.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"It's good to hear they are going ahead with this however the extra cost for shipping in a box with tracking takes this up to about $105.00! You would think with 200 copies plus that they could get a better deal on the parts needed to make these and the cost would go down. I already pre ordered so I guess I'll pay the extra to ensure it arrives safely but still not real happy about it.

I'm on the same boat as you there. 

TL

They really should have offered a CD version too

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"It's good to hear they are going ahead with this however the extra cost for shipping in a box with tracking takes this up to about $105.00! You would think with 200 copies plus that they could get a better deal on the parts needed to make these and the cost would go down. I already pre ordered so I guess I'll pay the extra to ensure it arrives safely but still not real happy about it.

I'm on the same boat as you there.

What are you doing on my boat? I'm pushing you overboard!  :P