Started by onthinice, December 13, 2012, 17:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

[align=center:y9efslyc]The Action Max by World of Wonder:

VCR not included with system.

Comments or complaints?[/align:y9efslyc]

TL

Oh god!

We were just talking about this horror in the chatbox!!!

I mean a console that uses a VCR to play games, if you can call them that! I played on one of these once, it was one time too many!

onthinice

Ha! I have been afraid to admit I own one. I have one more game tape for the system.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Ha! I have been afraid to admit I own one. I have one more game tape for the system.

What do you think of it then?

onthinice

I'm glad I only paid $5.00 for the system. I do like light gun games but think the sensor could have been built better.

zapiy

It actually looks really cool.. Love it and first i have seen or heard of it.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Must be a pain to play games that are VCR-based.  What do you think of the game that you do have, Ice?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

.38 Ambush Alley starts out you at a police target training area. Your greeted by an officer who looks and sounds like a tougher version of Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith show.

VCR -based makes it hard plus you have to find a TV that accepts light gun games. These newer sets do not seem to work well with old light sensors.

I have been curious if any problems would occur if I transfered the vcr tapes to dvd.

onthinice

Those videos are great! Makes me want to run out and buy another system.

onthinice

I had never seen the Blue Thunder video. Reminds me of an old tv show similar to Airwolf that had a helicopter and starred the guy from the movie Jaws.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"I had never seen the Blue Thunder video. Reminds me of an old tv show similar to Airwolf that had a helicopter and starred the guy from the movie Jaws.

Yes, that was the Blue Thunder TV show which this is based on!

onthinice

Ok, I thought that it was called by the same name. So many helicopter games back in the 1980's. Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Chopper Command, Choplifter, Infiltrator and Super Huey to name a few. 8)

TL

[align=center:gu49fmcs]James & Mike have made a new video looking at the Action Max!

Action Max - James & Mike Mondays[/align:gu49fmcs]