Games that you would love to hack!

Started by TL, November 30, 2012, 17:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "Katzkatz"X-Com : UFO Defense & Terror From the Deep(PC and PS1 versions) - Make it so that your first base is set out properly!  That means having the airlock in between all of the ship's hangars!  Makes defence easier and also saving you both time and money because you don't have to do it yourself!  It was sort of fixed with the add-on utility.

IF we're talking the PSOne version:The bug which so often meant a corrupt save to memory card needs fixing.I'd also sort out the design flaw on Terror missions where for example you've 3 men left and there's 1 Alien left on a huge map and it takes an age to find and kill it, turn after turn of just moving, finding nothing, moving, finding nothing....really did my head in at times.

I'd 'fix' that by having Alien A.I actively seeking out your remaining squad members and or giving player a clue as to where they were.

Rogue Trooper

Shinobi PS2-I'd put in some bloody level checkpoints for a start!.

Katzkatz

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "Katzkatz"X-Com : UFO Defense & Terror From the Deep(PC and PS1 versions) - Make it so that your first base is set out properly!  That means having the airlock in between all of the ship's hangars!  Makes defence easier and also saving you both time and money because you don't have to do it yourself!  It was sort of fixed with the add-on utility.

IF we're talking the PSOne version:The bug which so often meant a corrupt save to memory card needs fixing.I'd also sort out the design flaw on Terror missions where for example you've 3 men left and there's 1 Alien left on a huge map and it takes an age to find and kill it, turn after turn of just moving, finding nothing, moving, finding nothing....really did my head in at times.

I'd 'fix' that by having Alien A.I actively seeking out your remaining squad members and or giving player a clue as to where they were.

I have been reading up on 'Terror From the Deep' and apparently it has a lot of bugs.  The X-COM utility did fix a few of them.  I did view a YouTube playthrough of it and there were a lot of bugs : for example, you had control of aliens - even though you hadn't molecular controlled them, also you couldn't carry some of your heavy weapons to the lower levels, etc.   Not sure if all of the bugs have been fixed in that game. 

Rogue Trooper

Ghost Hunter (PS2)-I'd remove all the stealth sections, boring and utterly absurd.Following ghosts around a graveyard with out alerting them to your presence, jeez.

Family Guy:The Game (PS2/Xbox) again, removal of the stealth sections.They just do not work and frustrate the player.

Dead Rising (360):I'd vastly improve the save system (for it is shite) and include option (from the start) to either have NO time limit, or far greater time limits, as for a sandbox game to restrict the players freedom so much, in the way this game does, is just awful.

TL

I would love to hack the following games just to put music into them!

Switchblade II - Lynx
Crescent Galaxy - Jaguar
Block Out - Lynx
Tetris - Lynx
Xenophobe - 7800
Viking Child - Lynx

108 Stars

Quote from: "The Laird"Viking Child - Lynx

That one would also need to ave the game speed tripled.^^
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TrekMD

One game that needs to be hacked yesterday is G.O.R.F. for the Atari 5200.� It needs to have it's control logic fixed so it becomes playable!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Another one on the Lynx, Ninja Gaiden to add a 2-player mode!

TrekMD

A game that needs to be hacked (and I guess completed) is Millipede on the Atari 5200.� Visually the game is fine but gameplay needs several improvements.�

I would also love to see someone hack the Atari 7800 version of Centipede and convert it to Millipede!

TrekMD

Here's a game that could certainly use a hack for some graphical improvements:  Night Driver for the 2600.  The car sprite really could use some work.  I'm sure more stuff could be done to it after seeing the likes of Enduro for the system.  I realize the original arcade game had simple graphics too but there's no reason the 2600 couldn't offer some improvements. :)

onthinice

The 2600 version definitely needs an update. Never played the arcade.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"The 2600 version definitely needs an update. Never played the arcade.

I never played the arcade either. I've only played the 2600 version.  The gameplay itself I think is fine since this is an old game and it was simpler but the car graphics can definitely use improvement.  Ironically, the car on the original wasn't even done with graphics.  It was an overlay on the screen. 

onthinice

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "onthinice"The 2600 version definitely needs an update. Never played the arcade.

I never played the arcade either. I've only played the 2600 version.  The gameplay itself I think is fine since this is an old game and it was simpler but the car graphics can definitely use improvement.  Ironically, the car on the original wasn't even done with graphics.  It was an overlay on the screen.

I thought so about the car. Cool idea for the time.

TrekMD

Another game I'd love to see hacked is Dark Chambers!  This game could be hacked into Gauntlet for the 7800!  Heck, someone should make it as an XM game to take advantage of the extra memory and the POKEY chip for sound!

TL

I would also hack these Mega Drive games to add the sadly missing 2-player mode!!!

Mercs
Growl
Chicki Chicki Boys

Another game I would hack is WWF Steel Cage Challenge on the Mega CD to add a tag team mode.