Atari Lynx - Karate World Tour

Started by 108 Stars, November 28, 2012, 01:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

108 Stars

E-Jagfest is over, and it's about time we get some updates about the games shown there into public; especially those who are good on their way.

So it's time for an official thread on Karate World Tour!

Jagfest visitors could try out an early build of the game, and now it's time to fill in RVG.  Please excuse me using mostly the same text as on AA, I am to lazy to rewrite all the same stuff. :P "We", that is matashen who is doing the coding and myself who is drawing the graphics; with the final board being designed by Lynxman when it's time.

Karate World Tour is a one-on-one competetive fighting game; a genre sorely missing on the Lynx to this day. It is inspired by early western fighting games, namely classics like International Karate and the Way of the Exploding Fist.. This means: no fireballs or quarter-circle plus punch moves, but a more realistic Karate simulation. No energy bars, but points. Just like a real Karate tournament.

Highlight of the game will be the 2-player-Comlynx-mode. We hope that Atari fans everywhere will enjoy this game on events like the Jagfest in the future, we want it to become a favorite for occasions where Atarians gather. As with all of matashen's games you will also be able to save your highscores and possibly win/loss-ratio.

You can expect all the moves and smooth animation you know from games like IK; nothing is ripped though, but carefully recreated for the Lynx' lower resolution. We will try to put many different locations for the fights in, four of which you can see right here (work in progress). Generally speaking, while our game is inspired by the classics we hope to make it even better if we can.

We ope to get this game done in time for a 2013 release; it would be nice to have the first official championships held in November at the e-Jagfest 2013. But we cannot promise that yet, as Green Little Quak-Quak is the top-priority, but Karate World Tour will come right after it.

So without further delay, here's the latest screenshots.

Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

TrekMD

Excuse me as I pick up my jaw from the ground!  Take my money right now! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Wow that is looking simply fantastic i have to agree with the above.

Well done all involved.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Rogue Trooper

That looks ruddy amazing.Wonder if it'll get coverage in RG magazine, it damn well desrves it.

Superb work by all responsible there.

Shadowrunner

Very impressive looking! Really glad I got that Lynx a while ago, looks like some cool new games coming for it.

DreamcastRIP

Loving the look of this game. I just hope they don't include those crappy logos of eJagFest, AA and NexGam in the final build.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Loving the look of this game. I just hope they don't include those crappy logos of eJagFest, AA and NexGam in the final build.

Why not?  I thought that was kinda fun to see.  At least, the e-Jagfest one.  :)

Rogue Trooper

I too, liked the E-Jagfest banners, thought it added that little touch of it's own to the setting.

Be shame to see them go, in my humble opinion.

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Loving the look of this game. I just hope they don't include those crappy logos of eJagFest, AA and NexGam in the final build.

Why not?  I thought that was kinda fun to see.  At least, the e-Jagfest one.  :)

I'd rather not say for why here.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

108 Stars

Well, I don't want to be involved in any war. I stated that on AA when people were anti-RVG, and I will make that clear here. I judge people on how they behave to ME.

Jagfest, Atari Age and neXGam banners will definitely be in the game; neXGam has been my "home" in the internet for years now, and the core people there are like a second family to me; we meet up regularely. And many of the same people are also regulars at e-Jagfest; I attended this year for the first time and people there were just nice to me.
As for AtariAge; whatever beef you might have with them, it is a big forum with lots of people. You can't get along with everyone, I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a fun forum with many good people and the place to be when it comes to Atari imo (and yes, I was at JSII, and after a short time I asked to be banned because the attitude there really pissed ME off, so that's a banner I probably wouldn't put in)

We should all get away from thinking in some kind of factions that have issues with each other. We're all individuals and don't need to be guided by some group-mentality. I am here because I like this forum, and people have been nice so far; yet I am also friends with shr-3g for example. Doesn't matter to me where people are active, or if one of them has a problem with anyone else I associate with; and I hope that's fine for everyone.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TrekMD

Make Love, Not War as the children of the 60s would say.  :)

zapiy

Quote from: "108 Stars"Well, I don't want to be involved in any war. I stated that on AA when people were anti-RVG, and I will make that clear here. I judge people on how they behave to ME.

Jagfest, Atari Age and neXGam banners will definitely be in the game; neXGam has been my "home" in the internet for years now, and the core people there are like a second family to me; we meet up regularely. And many of the same people are also regulars at e-Jagfest; I attended this year for the first time and people there were just nice to me.
As for AtariAge; whatever beef you might have with them, it is a big forum with lots of people. You can't get along with everyone, I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a fun forum with many good people and the place to be when it comes to Atari imo (and yes, I was at JSII, and after a short time I asked to be banned because the attitude there really pissed ME off, so that's a banner I probably wouldn't put in)

We should all get away from thinking in some kind of factions that have issues with each other. We're all individuals and don't need to be guided by some group-mentality. I am here because I like this forum, and people have been nice so far; yet I am also friends with shr-3g for example. Doesn't matter to me where people are active, or if one of them has a problem with anyone else I associate with; and I hope that's fine for everyone.

Same as mate. I have no beef with anyone and that's how I roll.  RVG is for anyone that interested in its core theme.  Retro gaming. Ultimately like you say, some of those forums are huge and not everyone will get along. That's life I suppose.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Rogue Trooper

I've no idea of the various issues going on, between anyone, on any other forum, i just thought the banners were a nice touch, making it stand out that little bit extra.

Be shame for anything to sour the taste as it were, of such an amazing looking game.