Impulse X - New Atari Jaguar Game!

Started by TL, November 27, 2012, 14:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1dojw3me]

[size=140]Does anyone remember Breakout, Arkanoid or the original Impulse on the Atari Falcon? Well now meet Impulse X.

Basically the goal of the game is to destroy all bricks using a bat and ball in each of the playfields. There are 40 to start with. So far so good, predictable you may think - but now check this out. You can control the bat with the usual Jagpad, ProController, Rotary Controller and also supported is a digital mouse! [/size]

[size=140]You remember I said 40 playable fields? Well you can also create your own playing fields using the built in level editor and using webcodes supplied for your Top Ten scores compete on High Score Tables with other players.

Features include:

User designed levels can be stored on the Memory Track cartridge
High scores can be stored on Memory Track
A BJL Loader is also included allowing download of RAM based Jaguar programs via the PC to your Jaguar
Both CD and cartridge versions
Difficulty levels
Level passwords
Full colour box and manual
[/size]

[size=140](Cable and Memory Track are not included)[/size]

[size=140]So as you guessed from above the game is on Jaguar CD, but fear not a Cartridge version will be available in a couple of weeks. This post will be updated as soon as they are available![/size]

[size=140]Mathias Domin has worked extremely hard on this, you get a CD Box with a Full Colour Manual, Impulse X Poster on which you can record your score on the reverse and a Colour printed CD. The presentation shows the amount of thought and care that has gone into this game. In the manual are pin outs for the BJL cable, mouse and rotary controllers. This product oozes dedication, bringing you a great addition to your collection and something to be proud of.[/size]

[size=140]Something of interest for you computer music fans, there is a note inside each box promoting "505" who did the music for Impulse X. They are well worth checking out and you can look at there website HERE![/size]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LwpwwgMOYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LwpwwgMOYE

[size=140]Impulse X on CD is available from Nick at 16/32 Systems for the fantastic price of just £24!!!! Follow the links below to order the game and to look at the website of the programmer Matthias Domin.[/size]

[size=240]ORDER HERE![/size]

[size=180]MD Games Website[/size][/align:1dojw3me]

TrekMD

I want to get this both in CD and Cart.  I wonder if I should wait to order them both together since the cart will be delayed. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Cool! I'll be ordering this, just not sure if I want CD or cart. The CD price is pretty cheap so I might go with that.

TrekMD

My only concern is it selling out on CD before the cart comes out.  I may just get it now and get the cart once they are out. 

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"My only concern is it selling out on CD before the cart comes out.  I may just get it now and get the cart once they are out.

Yeah that's probably a good idea. I'm going to order a CD copy today.

TL

I have ordered mine already, review coming soon!  8)

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I have ordered mine already, review coming soon!  :)

Shadowrunner

Just ordered mine too. I see it has rotary control support. I've never bothered to buy a rotary cause I only had T2K to play with it and seemed like a lot of money for one game. Now that I'll have two games that support it I may look at getting one. Anybody have one?

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Just ordered mine too. I see it has rotary control support. I've never bothered to buy a rotary cause I only had T2K to play with it and seemed like a lot of money for one game. Now that I'll have two games that support it I may look at getting one. Anybody have one?

Kobayashi Maru supports rotary control too, as will Rebooteroids when that is released.

Personally I don't really like the rotary controllers.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Just ordered mine too. I see it has rotary control support. I've never bothered to buy a rotary cause I only had T2K to play with it and seemed like a lot of money for one game. Now that I'll have two games that support it I may look at getting one. Anybody have one?

Yes, I have two different rotary controllers and love them both (so I'm the polar opposite of Laird there).  T2K plays much better with them and now I can use them with Impulse X as well!

Shadowrunner

Thanks for the input guys  :) If I can find one for a good price I might get one.

TrekMD

This one is my favorite of the two, the T2K Commander:

I got from Danny Galaga on JS2.  He makes them (or at least, he did).

108 Stars

Mathias Domin has put a lot of effort in this project, and as he said on Jagfest let's hope it pays off. Homebrewers must feel it's worth the effort to do really great games, so whether on CD or cartridge, this is a must-have for Jag-fans. :)
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

My copy has already been despatched so hopefully I will have it soon!!!!  8)

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"My copy has already been despatched so hopefully I will have it soon!!!!  :)