Let's Compare: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Started by TL, November 26, 2012, 17:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Who can forget that catchy tune!?  :)  This is another game franchise that would have been fantastic on the Jaguar.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

TrekMD

Cool.  Where is the Jaguar version?  ;)  Games like these would have helped the Jaguar sell back then.

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  Where is the Jaguar version?  ;)  Games like these would have helped the Jaguar sell back then.

This game was old news by the time the Jaguar came along. Still I wish we had got a nice scrolling beat 'em up like this, Conan would have been great.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  Where is the Jaguar version?  :)

onthinice

Cowabunga! I played the Nintendo version the most.  I have TMNTgames for the Gamecube, NES, SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive. So it really would have been nice to see a Jaguar release.

SnakeEyes

Snes version is easily the winner for me.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I am really enjoying the Lets compare threads.

TL

Quote from: "SnakeEyes"Snes version is easily the winner for me.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I am really enjoying the Lets compare threads.

There are no rules here regarding bumping old threads, feel free.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "SnakeEyes"Snes version is easily the winner for me.

Would'nt worry, i thread bump all the time.Nothing wrong bringing older subjects back into the light, if you've something to add.

Welcome to the forum by the way, any chance you can tell us a little bit about yourself, your interest's etc?.Only ask as going by your user name i'd guess your a fan of G.I Joe? (only recently watched the movie) plus friend of mine really into his comic book stuff (as am i) keeps saying i should check out some of the G.I Joe Vs Transformers stuff, Snake Eyes supposed to feature heavily in that.

Loved my transformers as a kid, but man i'd be hard pressed to follow it now, so many spins on characters i used to know:Optimus Prime, Prime Nova, Sentinel prime, Rodimus Prime.....

Nightmare knowing who's who and where each character has come from and how they are known in other areas.

zapiy

I love that Amiga version, i actually have that i think.. Never seen the other versions before.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

I remember playing this in the arcades and loved it, no frills, just kick ass action with out any thinking involved..but when they released the Turtles on the Snes , I'd died and gone to Ninja Turtle heaven..best version out of all of them, both visually and audio, plus using Konami using mode 7 to chuck a enemy at the screen priceless :)

sloan

I want the SNES Turtles in Time game, but current prices are high.

I agree that a TMNT game on Jaguar would have been great. Maybe it would have even rescued the system?

TrekMD

Another comparison video of the TMNT Arcade game has been posted.  Here it is:

[align=center:1qpq2j68]Let's Compare ( Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ) The arcade Game[/align:1qpq2j68]

Bobinator

Quote from: "sloan"I want the SNES Turtles in Time game, but current prices are high.

I agree that a TMNT game on Jaguar would have been great. Maybe it would have even rescued the system?

Pretty sure TMNT was dead and gone by the time the Jaguar rolled around. You would have been more likely to get something like Biker Mice from Mars, or Street Sharks, or Stone Protectors. Come to think of it, they never DID make a Streets Sharks game. But considering the Jaguar got a game based on the Highlander cartoon, of all things, stranger things have happened, right?

On topic, though, I'd say none of the ports of the original TMNT arcade got it quite right, but if I had to pick one, I'd go for the NES version. The music's really good on that particular port, and it's got those nifty new levels.