Films Based On Games

Started by TL, November 21, 2012, 18:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Seeing Mire Mare talking about the new Resident Evil movie made me think about this.

What are your favourite movies that are based on games?

Personally I have always liked the Resident Evil films despite never enjoying the games. Other favourites of mine are the first Mortal Kombat movie (great soundtrack too), Doom - which most people seem to hate and I also like the Tomb Raider films.

Mario Bros. has to be the worst one I have seen

Shadowrunner

I think it would be easier to list are least favorite movies based on games ( Uwe Boll I'm looking at all your movies! ) LOL
My favorites would be the Tomb Raider and Resident Evil movies and I also agree with the first Mortal Kombat too. Other then those I really cant think of any I have enjoyed.

Minerals

The Silent Hill films were quite good also and so is Hitman, Alone in the Dark and Prince of Persia.

Unfortunately the majority of films based on games are gash though, especially the likes of Mario Bros and Streetfighter.

With new films due to come out based on Mortal Kombat, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Rampage and Need for Speed it will be interesting to see how they fair in the current more intelligent movie goers market.

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"The Silent Hill films were quite good also and so is Hitman, Alone in the Dark and Prince of Persia.

Unfortunately the majority of films based on games are gash though, especially the likes of Mario Bros and Streetfighter.

With new films due to come out based on Mortal Kombat, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Rampage and Need for Speed it will be interesting to see how they fair in the current more intelligent movie goers market.

I still havn't watched Prince Of Persia, not really sure why!  :-

Mire Mare

I enjoy watching DOOM!  I think there's a lot that could be done with DOOM films, like Resident Evil, so I'm ever hopeful there will be more.

Ummm.... mmmm... nope that's all I've got.

Does TRON count?  Chicken, egg, egg, chicken, Space Paranoids, TRON... anyway, TRON is awesome!  I even liked the new TRON film and would've liked it more had there been more Lightcycle action!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I still havn't watched Prince Of Persia, not really sure why!  :-

I thought it was a fun movie.  Is it an award winning movie?  Far from it, but still fun and enjoyable.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

Doom was ok, as was 1st M.K, H.O.T.D was awful, liked 1st 2 Resident Evil movies, but loathed 3rd so much never seen any after, Silent Hill was a crushing dissapoint (had such high hopes for that), Wing Commander i sat through years back.

Only seen bits of the 1st Tomb Raider film, but hate the games, so never bothered to check films out, same with Prince Of Persia (although i loved the original, the updates from PS2 era did nothing for me).

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Only seen bits of the 1st Tomb Raider film, but hate the games, so never bothered to check films out, same with Prince Of Persia (although i loved the original, the updates from PS2 era did nothing for me).

I don't like the games either but the films are great

dcultrapro

the original Mortal Kombat is one of my favourites, its just excellent fun and action. Resident Evil for me is awesome although the last two films have become hollow action messes like the 2nd I feel that they are still enjoyable compared to the shite that Uwe Boll shits out. That and Tomb Raider, I DEFINITELY enjoyed both Tomb Raiders.

Just don't ANYBODY watch Mortal Kombat Annihilation, its truly TRULY TERRIBLE lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

What about the Dead Or Alive movie starring ex-Neighbours star Holly Valance and wrestler Kevin Nash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A46A8gRSeM0

dcultrapro

are you saying its a GOOD film? I have never seen it.

Can you people tell me what you thought of the Tekken and Chun Li films actually? Cos I haven't been brave enough to see them myself yet lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

Katzkatz

I saw the first 'Resident Evil' film.  It was okay.  Nothing special though.

I have seen parts of the 'Streetfighter II' film.  It did look pretty bad.  I am sort of intrigued by it - plus, it has Kylie and that is always a bonus!  ;)

I saw the first 'Tomb Raider' as well.  Average film at best. 

Be interesting to see how the 'Mass Effect' film turns out. 

TL

Another one I remembered today was Hitman, I actually thought that was rather good.

Shadowrunner

I watched Doom again this weekend based on you guys saying it was good. Turns out it is pretty good, enjoyed it much more then when I first saw it for some reason so I will add that to my list of game movies I like.

jdanddiet

Liked: first Resi Evil, Doom, 1st Tomb Raider
Meh: Silent Hill, Max Payne
Good god: Alone in the Dark (can't believe someone said they liked it!), Mortal Kombat, Streetfigher, Mario Bros