0 (0%)
Nomad
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 13, 2012, 21:21:08 PM

Flukesy

Yeah I suppose your right I loved the DC just wish it would of had more success

zapiy

Sega would as do others mate.. i doubt piracy caused any issues.. Hell you can easily do that with all consoles..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Sega would as do others mate.. i doubt piracy caused any issues.. Hell you can easily do that with all consoles..

It did mate, they have been quoted saying it.

The PS1 had those black CD's making them impossible to replicate so you had to pay to mod your PS1 if you wanted to play pirates and that would invalidate the warranty so put lots of people off.

The Saturn had copy protection built into the BIOS of the system that also needed a modchip or expensive (back then) cartridge to bypass it.

The N64 used carts and the Game Cube after used a proprietary system so couldn't be replicated easily.

Sega tried to save money by not adding proper protection against piracy and it bit them on the arse.

zapiy

I see what your saying pal but all consoles not just you have named can be hacked at all varying degrees..

Take the DS, the most popular Handheld of all time, easiest thing to hack.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

When the DC first came out I doubt piracy was a big deal I mean most people weren't that clued up on these things until later when the internet became more widely used and the proliferation of information like this grew, I didn't know you could burn copies of games on the DC until about 2004!! Still it definitely hurt there sales and seeing as how badly the DC did by comparison to the PS2 every little will have helped, they should've taken more precautions
Ultrapro on xbox live

Crusto

It has to be the MD for me, it got everything right. Apart from the last battle  :o
Bitches leave

davyk

I genuinely find it impossible to separate Saturn and Dreamcast - it's like asking which of my kids is my favourite.

Favourite Sony or Nintendo console? Easy - can't do it for Sega though

dcultrapro

yeah I'm finding this to be a tougher question now, I think its still the Dreamcast because there's a lot of sentimental attachment for me, I was with the DC from the start to finish and still with it now, but I know the game library inside and out and it doesn't really have anything new for me, whereas with the Saturn I thought I had seen all it had to offer but the game library of the Saturn is awesome!!

The Dreamcast was very much about more fun/jump in and play etc and a lot of them were very colourful, vibrant and unique, such as Samba De Amigo etc, but the Saturn has a much more even spread of deep action games of all types of genres, a genre the Dreamcast didn't really support to well. I mean the DC has Headhunter, Resident Evils, couple of others that are good but most of them are either arcade style ala Powerstone or Dynamite Cop, or they are simple shovelwear shite such as Fighting Force, Urban Chaos, shoddy ports of PS1 games that just look cack on the DC

at least with the Saturn I can play a ridiculously wide variety of J-RPGs, 2d fighters, but there is a very healthy smuttering of awesome action, like AMOK, Solar Eclipse, Darklight Conflict, Quake, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, Crusader No Remorse, Loaded, Panzer Dragoon, Dragonforce, Dark Saviour, Deep Fear, Enemy Zero etc etc, the list goes on! Gungriffon, Thunderforce, Die Hard Trilogy, Alien Trilogy...

so I'm definitely very torn at the moment between Saturn and DC for favourite Sega console lol
Ultrapro on xbox live