The Sega 32X

Started by TL, October 10, 2012, 19:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Great video and I agree with everything but the DOOM portion. To me, 32X Doom is crap. The border around the screen is oogly and ya can't see like you need to. I'd still play it if all the other systems I have it on tanked but his dialogue sounded fanboy-ish. Glad he did that one last bc if I heard it early I probably would have stopped then.
I like the Virtua games. Some real nice pieces of work there. 8)
Never heard of Blackthorne but it resembled Flashback a little too much. (I really don't like that game)

I do have Knuckled Chaotix though :D Like Shadowrunner, don't know why it wasn't on the list.

TrekMD

I have Blackthorne and I did a review for it.  It is a cool game for the 32X and worth having.  I do like Doom as well but the window view is annoying.  I'm not sure why they felt it necessary to do it.  It is better to play Doom on other systems where the view is more complete (like the Atari Jaguar). 

Lucky you that you have Knuckles Chaotix!  I may try to get it, though.  I'll have to keep an eye for it. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

It's been a while since there was post here.  I just watched this video about unreleased titles for the 32X.  I didn't realize there were so many games that did not see release.

Saturn

That's a crazy amount of awesome games. AvP would've been awesome.
Batman Forever gets a lot of flack but I enjoy the heck out of it. And those Castlevania games... what a waste.
Would love to have had them! :P

TrekMD

I know!  The AvP in particular looks really cool and it was not released for any other system!  I bet that would look great on the Jaguar!  ;)

Saturn

onthinice

Feel a loss that so many good games were never released.

Dreamcast Gamer

A friend of mine is coming over later tonight with his Sega Genesis Model 2 and Sega 32X!  I've only ever emulated the 32x so this it's going to be quite awesome to finally try the real thing.  He has four games, only two of which I can remember the names for at the moment, After Burner and Knuckles Chaotix.  This is gonna be great!

Saturn

Quote from: Dreamcast Gamer on January 12, 2019, 22:15:01 PM
A friend of mine is coming over later tonight with his Sega Genesis Model 2 and Sega 32X!  I've only ever emulated the 32x so this it's going to be quite awesome to finally try the real thing.  He has four games, only two of which I can remember the names for at the moment, After Burner and Knuckles Chaotix.  This is gonna be great!
Awesome! Those are two of the best so it sounds like it'll be a blast

TrekMD

That is great!  Those are two good games for the 32X.  Let us know how you liked them. 

Dreamcast Gamer

Sooooo..... he couldn't find his 32X  :'(  Well, at least we got to play Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior in MAME on Windows XP!  ;D  Hopefully next time he'll find it.  Either that or I'll just go to his place and play the arcade cabinets in his garage!  This guy has Double Dragon!

TrekMD

Oh, darn!  That sucks! 

Dreamcast Gamer

Yeah, I was really looking forward to playing some After Burner  ;D

Shadowrunner

Here's something you don't see every day, an unreleased 32X prototype has been discovered and dumped! Unfortunately it's a port of the game Pinocchio and not something exclusive to the 32X but still pretty cool it was found.

More info and a comparison video between the Genesis/MD game and the 32X version can be found here. https://www.retrorgb.com/pinocchio-32x-prototype-found.html

TrekMD