Rick Dangerous For The Atari XL/XE!!!!

Started by TL, October 09, 2012, 17:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:40ji94e5][size=360]Rick Dangerous[/size]
[size=240]Atari XL/XE[/size]

[size=140]Rick Dangerous is coming to the Atari 8-bit computers thanks to a talented team from Poland. Work on the game is progressing quite nicely as you can see from this short video. We will try to keep you updated as the game progresses, this already looks like a sure fire classic for the vintage system![/size]

Atari 8-bit Rick Dangerous Teaser Trailer #3[/align:40ji94e5]

revivalstudios

http://www.revival-studios.com - homebrew game development for classic game consoles
Follow me on twitter ( @revival_studios) for the latest information about my upcoming projects

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Rogue Trooper

Not sure of the music on that vid, but blimey! that's ruddy impressive visuals for A8.

Had Rick D.on the ST-very much a marmite game-looked great, nice sense of humour, but by jingo, frustrating game to play.

Greyfox

Was wondering was there any updates on this or is this another excellent tech demo, I don't normally consider homebrew games to commercial ones as something I would play, but this is all time classic and done on a commercial level making worth a good look.

I ment to reply to this one many weeks ago now, but better late than never.

TL

No idea, have never heard anymore about it.  :12:

sloan

That's a shame. Would have been nice ported to 5200 as well.

TL

Quote from: "sloan"That's a shame. Would have been nice ported to 5200 as well.

It uses the XL/XE hardware (64k minimum) so that wouldn't be possible.

sloan

Shows what I know. I have seen many XE games ported to 5200 and assumed they were all capable of this.

TL

Quote from: "sloan"Shows what I know. I have seen many XE games ported to 5200 and assumed they were all capable of this.

Apart from the minor technical differences and the obvious hardware differences (no keyboard and different controllers), the big problem is that the 5200 only has 16k of RAM. This means that earlier A8 games that only used 16k are easier to convert but others are much harder as you have to add RAM onto the cartridges or try to do some clever bankswitching.

guest5175

Just checking to see if there is an update on this one. That looks really cool, I would hate for it to be just another tech demo

TL

Apparently it is still being worked on, just slowly. It was on show at the Sillyventure event a few months back.

guest5112