Author Topic: Atari 7800 eXpansion Module (XM)  (Read 20474 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Atari 7800 eXpansion Module (XM)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 17:25:41 PM »
Sad news but we all know that this hobby of ours is very time consuming and sometimes something has to give.

Best wishes to all.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 17:37:07 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Hopefully things get worked out and we get a unit with the working software as version 2.5, as Curt is calling it.  Not sure why Mark decided to stop supporting this but he has been very busy developing games for the Intellivision of late.  Whatever the reason, it certainly adds another wrinkle to this.

I think the answer is probably pretty obvious. Especially when you look at the recent replies in that thread on AA.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 04:16:38 AM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Hopefully things get worked out and we get a unit with the working software as version 2.5, as Curt is calling it.  Not sure why Mark decided to stop supporting this but he has been very busy developing games for the Intellivision of late.  Whatever the reason, it certainly adds another wrinkle to this.

I think the answer is probably pretty obvious. Especially when you look at the recent replies in that thread on AA.

I haven't been able to read much of anything since I'm still on vacation and can just read bits and pieces.  :)  I'll have to check out the thread on AA.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 02:00:43 AM »
Curt posted a video with a demo of an XM game that I think a lot of people will like.  Take a look...

[align=center:26p7qwzj]icy demo 15JUN13[/align:26p7qwzj]

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 13:19:36 PM »
Sweet..
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Alberto 2K

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 11:32:57 AM »
That is a big character! Also the music sounds nice, the XM promises cool games! :)
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 22:19:37 PM »
Curt just posted another udpate:

Just wanted to check in with everyone, say hi and let everyone know, things are still progressing along with the XM's ...  most of you saw it was demo'ing at Too Many Games last month and it had a nice selection of XM titles showing off the features of the XM's...

Things are progressing forward, going a nice and steady, once something big to announce is ready I'll make a more substantial update, but just wanted to let everyone know that things are moving along.

Curt

Offline 64bitRuss

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 14:24:38 PM »
I have one preordered for a couple of years. I'm going to be moving in a few months and am actually worried about my pre-order, because when I placed a pre-order it was with legacy engineering, and then Curt up and made that 'business' website straight up vanish from the internet. So all my pre-order email confirmations and receipt are with some defunct website and I have no way to update my account or anything when I will eventually have a new address.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2013, 15:03:20 PM »
Curt has said he will be posting a thread and email before he ships to verify addresses given that there are several folks in that situation.  He also moved things to a new site:  Syzygy Co..  Has your email information also changed?  Curt is also a member of this forum.  You can send him a PM as well.

Offline 64bitRuss

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 17:32:48 PM »
My email is the same, so hopefully I'll have a chance for verification.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 17:59:55 PM »
Quote from: "64bitRuss"
My email is the same, so hopefully I'll have a chance for verification.

You should.  I can always send Curt your info if need be.

Offline Gorf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 20:42:50 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"

No doubt Mark has found a new crowd to hang with. Tell me who your friends are....

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 19:11:51 PM »
Here is Curt's latest update on the status of the XM:

Just shipped an XM testing unit to Perry (TEP392) for him to test his games on real hardware and then to Bob (Pacmanplus) to test his games.    A demonstration XM unit is going to Albert of Atariage so he can bring to the Portland Retro Game Expo next month.

So the developers are getting to kick the tires and make sure their games are working on real hardware.   Will be getting feedback and proceed with any changes or modifications to the design.

Thanks,

Curt

Offline Gorf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 21:22:21 PM »
Here is Curt's latest update on the status of the XM:

Just shipped an XM testing unit to Perry (TEP392) for him to test his games on real hardware and then to Bob (Pacmanplus) to test his games.    A demonstration XM unit is going to Albert of Atariage so he can bring to the Portland Retro Game Expo next month.

So the developers are getting to kick the tires and make sure their games are working on real hardware.   Will be getting feedback and proceed with any changes or modifications to the design.

Thanks,

Curt

Not all of us developers are getting one. He told me he'd get me one when they shipped....still yet to see one.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2013, 21:53:14 PM »
Maybe he needs a friendly reminder...