The 3DO Topic

Started by onthinice, September 10, 2012, 19:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Shadowrunner

Nice find! Even learned a couple things  :)

Alberto 2K

Thanks for the vid, it's a nice review of the system. :)
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"Thanks for the vid, it's a nice review of the system. :)

Good decision, everyone should own a 3DO!  :)

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Good decision, everyone should own a 3DO!  :)
I've just bought it! :36:

Shame, Star Control II is one of the more attractive games of the console IMO... I will have to look for one of these in english, well, the hunt is also part of the fun.

The first and last time I tried a 3DO was in 1995, I played Need for Speed and was a great experience, looking forward to repeat it almost 20 years later!

Shadowrunner

Congrats!  :36:
Starblade is the absolute definition of short but sweet. You can play through the whole game in 15 minutes but it's an incredibly awesome 15 minutes and so much fun.
Star Control II is also an awesome game! It's not nearly as rare as some people try to make it out to be though so don't fall for the high priced BIN auctions. If you're patient you can usually get it for a good price.

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Congrats!  :)

Oh, I'm patient and I always try to find a fair price in everything I buy. Which is a good price for a complete Star Control II? I read somewhere it came with a map and that's cool.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"Oh, I'm patient and I always try to find a fair price in everything I buy. Which is a good price for a complete Star Control II? I read somewhere it came with a map and that's cool.

Yeah there's a star map that came with it besides the instruction manual. Finding one complete with the map might add a bit to the cost but even still I wouldn't pay more then $40 or around €30 for it and that's if it's in really good condition.

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah there's a star map that came with it besides the instruction manual. Finding one complete with the map might add a bit to the cost but even still I wouldn't pay more then $40 or around €30 for it and that's if it's in really good condition.
Thanks, I will have that price in mind! :)

I founded the map in .pdf so it's not a big problem if it's missing but I would prefer to have it complete. Let's see if I have luck.

I watched a couple of vids of Space Hulk and it looks great, another one to the list!

onthinice

Congrats!!!! I have a copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly that gave a little walk through of Space Hulk for the 3DO. I always thought it looked like a good game, although I have read it is very hard.

Alberto 2K

I will give it a try for sure. :)

Still waiting for the console to arrive but I've bought Need for Speed, Madden, Scramble Cobra and Captain Quazar.

One of the things I like about the 3DO is that several games can be purchased in new condition at really decent prices. Having no region lock in most of the catalog is a plus too.

Can't wait to receive it!!

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I will give it a try for sure. ;)

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Captain Quazar is a great game! One of my favorites in case you couldn't tell  ;)
I've watched some vids and it looks fun, I wonder how the original 3DO controller behaves..

Speaking about controllers, this guy has a brand new Goldstar controller for GBP10 + shipping:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/281130167743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Captain Quazar is a great game! One of my favorites in case you couldn't tell  ;)
I've watched some vids and it looks fun, I wonder how the original 3DO controller behaves..

Speaking about controllers, this guy has a brand new Goldstar controller for GBP10 + shipping:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/281130167743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The controls take a little getting used to in that game but once I did I never had a problem playing it with the stock Panasonic controller. As for the Goldstar controller I've never tried one but I have heard people say it's worse then the Panasonic one. At that price though for a brand new one it might be worth trying.

Alberto 2K

I've read bad things about the 3DO controller but until I try it again (almost 20 years since I used one!) I won't judge it.

I also read awful reviews about the Jaguar controller and it's not that bad, maybe the first ones with black rubber buttons are more stiff but the grey button ones are fine.

Also, I see there are SNES controller adaptors so maybe that will be the way to go, I need to play Super Street Fighter 2 properly!